Garmin Vivofit 400,000 Step Update
This is an update to my blog: Garmin Vivofit - the First 300,000 Steps.
Early in January the Garmin Vivofit web site started having Sync issues. It appears that the Sync problem has been resolved - data is flowing between my device and the web site. But some of the data is not flowing down to the Reporting tables.
|Garmin Error Message|
I have not lost any data, but I did take the step to create an Excel spreadsheet to capture my steps.
Here are some of my notes:
|12 Minute Bars?|
Or, 15 Minute Bars?
- The Export Function is limited to rolled up values (Weekly or Monthly). It will dump a simple table into a CSV format.
- To get daily values, you have to look back over & day periods, then mouse-over the columns to read the number of steps.
- Reports look back from "today". If you review your stats on a Wednesday, the "Week" is Wednesday to Tuesday. Seems like a calendar week (calendar month) would be a better timeframe.
- The "Workout Intensity" indicator is odd. From a walking point of view... I have hit 1500+ steps in the (12 minute?) time capture. That seems to be "intense". Not sure what the threshold is, but ~4 MPH for walking is a lot. Again, no instructions to understand this feature. [Update 1/19/15: It appears that 1711 steps is "Intense". Not 1706... 1711.]
- Uphill, downhill, flat... no difference. In the end it probably evens out - especially if you are walking loops.
- Finally had to take the Vivofit module out of the wrist band at wash it... (60 days!). Gunk accumulation was minor, but it's back to new condition now.
I'm still a big fan... the Vivofit has motivated me to get off my duff and move. I'm still on track for 2.5 million steps by Thanksgiving, 2015.